What is Kibrewosen LMS?

Kibrewosen is a family name meaning champion in a literal, basic sense. Kibrewosen Learning Management System (LMS) is then a virtual learning platform by which all educational centers can automate their teaching and learning processes in any scale.

What is our goal?
====================

On this journey in our LMS, we have two goals.

1. Addressing the educational center and solving their long-awaited problems

According to the ministry of education data, there are about 47,000 high schools, 79 universities, 60 private colleges, and 95 TVET colleges in Ethiopia.  Among these educational institutions, 99% of them are not using any technology or school automation. The remaining 1% tried to buy software from other countries that are facing foreign currency shortages and lack of adequate support, making them difficult to implement effectively.

To address such a huge demand, we can’t develop and provide quality school automation software for each educational center separately. Rather, we have discovered a better development architecture that can incorporate all educational institutions in a central manner, but with their own respective ownership. This cutting-edge software architecture is called tenant software architecture, which is very cost-effective and efficient way to fully automate the learning and teaching processes in any scale towards sustainable development.

What is tenant-based software provision?

It is a software development delivery model by which each company or school can create their own entire LMS on our server within a few minutes that scales up to the next level. This can be enabled by developing a modular system, a schema-based database, and configuring dynamic server routing. In this way, we have automated every educational center to create their own virtual school within 30 minutes. This saves our customers a huge investment and reduces development time, deployment costs, server and physical infrastructure costs, and deployment costs dramatically.

How does the system work, then?

Once they have created their own LMS with their own branding, the system is straight-forward to use. The pricing is prepared in subscription package, so every school has no worries about designing, developing, deploying, or server issues in any case.  We can handle it for them.

How about the pricing and sales strategy?

As we are planning to address a wide range of academic communities, we don’t want anyone left behind, which means we want our system to be inclusive and affordable, which will serve the unserved community the most.

To do so, we have two types of service delivery models. The first one is software as a service (SaaS), and the second one is on-premises.

The SaaS package price is prepared in monthly and yearly subscription modalities, and our customers use it from their own cloud and VPS servers with long-term support.

The on-premise service modality is delivering the system to their own servers within their domain with a minimum of one-year free support.

2. The second goal is quality education for all

In addition to empowering new and existing educational institutions, we have a plan to address free education across the country in the long run.
According to the national census 1994–2023 report, Ethiopia is 51.77%. and according to UNESCO report in 2022, over 32.7 million Ethiopian adults will be illiterate or out of basic education in the country. It is true of some other African countries too, like Senegal, which is 51.9%. Hence, the long-awaited problem in Africa results from a lack of quality education. Without an educated mind, no country can ever imagine sustainable development. Therefore, to address  this educational problem in this era, it is unthinkable without the help of technology, as geography is diverse and has huge infrastructure demand.

Hence, we are here to serve the unserved community to come.